I like Kyle as an individual but he is so far out in left field when it comes to politics and his school board ideas and agenda it is ridiculous.
Recently ousted school board member Kyle Fletcher presented his parting shot at the lastest SB meeting. His 'mixed bag' high school plan was presented for study.
This 'mixed bag' is a complete and total clusterfk. Build 3 new schools (Wise, Coeburn, Big Stone), renovate Appy and Pound, and leave SP as is.
Now how does that make a bit of sense? For what you'll pay for three new schools you could consolidate the entire county and do away with the operating expenses of three schools.
Thank God Vanessa won the seat.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I like Kyle as an individual but he is so far out in left field when it comes to politics and his school board ideas and agenda it is ridiculous.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Really it is the perfect solution. The new schools will be built and the towns that will lose their schools won't even realize what is going on. Then as the enrollment drops the funds wil not be found as promised and the schools won't be able to be renovated as the board will promise. Then at the same time , you will find the taxpayers complaining more about the kids from other counties, closing St Paul also. End of story. Give it 5 years and see.
I say close all schools - either home school or start charter schools, and eliminate all athletics. Build one central satellite building where kids can go and take distance ed. classes. Problems solved - no need for buildings, no need for teachers, everyone earns his/her own way. No new taxes, no need for teachers and Killough. We don't need no education...
IMO, Wise Co. would be better off renovating...I've weighed both sides and that's how I see it. But, there does need to be a few things brought up to date.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
IMO, Fletcher is the epitome of what's wrong with the system. Sourpussed, unbending... glad he's gone. Perry has to be a step up.
Wise Co. politics is what's wrong with the system. Regardless of what's best, the projects will be presented according to each member's politics. You'll never really know true costs or anything else til ya get the bill.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
How bout me, you, and NSSB running for school board next time? Might not accomplish alot, but at least we can have some control over the clusterfck, as Bob calls it!
I can't...I live in Scott Co. now. But, we'd be on TV every week or so shootin the [censored]..
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Scott Co.? Dang, been nice knowing you...
Bookmarks